Based on their existing iVAM 3G products, the new Wohler iVAM1-12G (1RU) offers a lower cost and lower height 1U option to Wohler’s flagship 2U iAM-12G-SDI. Where 12G processing is required without the need for Dolby ATMOS decoding, this latest addition offers all the options available on the current iVAM-3G models, and more.
With a depth of 5.5” the product ships standard with two 12G/3G/HD/SD-SDI inputs with selected SDI out, a pair of analog inputs and outputs, an HDMI output, loudness measurement and phase indication. Also included are network capabilities to manage the unit remotely, including viewing meters and other monitoring information.
Additional signal options include: AES3 inputs, MADI, ST-2110, ST-2022-6, and audio over IP. Processing options include Dolby decoding for SDI and AES3, as well as 2110. An upgraded output routing feature is available too.
The iVAM1-12G features space for any one of up to three option cards, including the newly released SFP-Option Card, which is now available for iVAM and most iAM products, adding two additional 3G inputs to 3G products, or two 12G inputs to 12G products.
Other option cards provide Audio over IP – available in either Dante or Ravenna formats – and include 2110-30 primary and secondary RJ-45 Ethernet ports, enabling hitless (redundant) 2022-7 monitoring; an analog option card offers a further 8 balanced inputs and outputs on DB-25 connectors and also benefits from a TOSLINK (SPDIF) connector.
“Our customers particularly enjoy the benefits of our à la carte feature selections, allowing them to pick the signal inputs and options they require today, with the flexibility of an easy upgrade path to add additional features in response to changing technical requirements and budgets. Wohler’s approach is specifically designed to respond to our customers’ needs to protect and future proof their investment. This new IP-ready 12G addition to our range continues this design philosophy, while adding a lower cost option to our iAM-12G-SDI” says Makarand Karanjkar, CEO of Wohler.
- Video and audio monitoring (up to 16 channels) from multiple sources
- Up to 64 presets
- 2 x 12G-SDI Inputs on BNC that can also monitor 3G/HD/SD-SD; 1 x 12G-SDI Output of selected video source on BNC + 1 pair Analog in/out on XLR
- Optional Output Routing enables the flexibility to route input signals to various outputs
- Optional I/O for AES3 on HD-15 (incl selected audio source converted to AES3 out), MADI on BNC (looped out), and SMPTE 2110 or SMPTE 2022 via SFP.
- HDMI Output of the monitored video source included HDMI output follows the input up to 1080p, except for 12G where it will be 1080p @ 60Hz. Monitors the first 8 ch of audio.
- Measure Audio Loudness using ITU-R BS.1770 or EBU R128 standards
- Option cards for AoIP, additional SFP’s, or 8 channels of analog I/O, and TOSLINK
- Software upgradeable via USB or network
- APIs for remote management